Sunday, November 18, 2007

Why Pull a Nintendo?

I seriously hope that Microsoft isn't making the Zune go the way of the Wii. I think you know what I mean. In retrospect, the spin I put on that phrase makes it sound bad, but we all know it really isn't. Other than that, milking a Zune "shortage" would be the worst thing Microsoft could do. The Wii "shortage", I can understand. It's an immensely popular gaming system for people who like casual game play, and Microsoft is trying to go the same way with the Zune.

They are doing a good job in some aspect though. The design of the Zune 80, 4, and 8 is a good decision for them. They are going to cater to a younger demographic now that they are smaller and shinier(That sort of sounds like a stereotype now, doesn't it?) and a bit more family friendly. I am personally seeking for an opportunity to buy a 4GB player for exercise purposes. But seriously, the people are already losing faith in you, Microsoft. Why make them lose their faith even more?

On a more positive front, I do foresee a software update in the near future. As of now, I have seen thousands of posts on the Zune forums that beg and plead for the simple software features in the old version of the Zune software, which of course was just a skinned version of WMP. Much is in store for the Zune community. Just wait for it.

~Rock On Zuners!

No comments: